After processing a lot of speaker applications, I’m excited to announce that we have a great lineup of speakers for WordCamp Portland. We’ll share a bit more about these folks’ background and the details of their sessions as we get closer to the event, but here’s our list of session titles and speakers:
- _doing_it_wrong: Improving Your Development Skills Through Examining Bad Practices – Zack Tollman
- The Art & Science of Premium – Shane Pearlman
- Blogging as a Platform: Making a Name For Yourself in Your Targeted Community – Kiersi Burkhart
- Don’t Put That In Functions.php! (Or, How to Write A Basic Plugin) - Kailey Lampert
- Frankenblog: Group Blogging with WordPress for Fun, Frustration, & Financial Gain – Robert Wagner
- How to Blog Once a Day – Laura Kimball
- How to Build a Professional WordPress Business – Grant Landram
- How to Use WP-Cron – Ben Lobaugh
- Questions You’re Too Embarrassed to Ask – Eric Mann
- Why we Click “Publish”: Advocating for User-Centricity through Interaction Design – Taylor Dewey
- WordPress + E-Commerce = $$$ – Justin Sainton
- WordPress Security 101 (and beyond) – Robert Rowley
In addition to these pre-planned sessions, we’ll have timeslots during the day available for unconference-style sessions to be organized by attendees on the day of the event. More information about the unconference will be shared as we get closer to WordCamp Portland.
You have already purchased your ticket, right?